Rural King Supply, Mt. Carmel, IL
Sporting goods/Gun Shop
We are looking for a full time, well-rounded candidate with a solid knowledge of sporting good, guns, gun accessories, and ammunition. The candidate must possess great organizational and sales skills to lead the department. Other sporting goods knowledge would also be a plus. These areas can include fishing, hunting, archery, and other outdoor sports/hobbies. We are looking for a full-time person to fill. Weekend and open availability is required.
Duties can include, but are not limited to:
- Provide great Customer Service by effectively engaging customers, identifying their needs, and offering the best solution to successfully close a sale
- Prioritizing safety and recordkeeping of firearm sales with respect to all applicable laws.
- Understanding and utilizing electronic recordkeeping systems as required by governing agencies.
- Walk your department and take notes of what needs to be done to keep your department in top shape; recovered, clean, tagged, and ready for customers
- Merchandising: stocking and setting the product in an organized fashion
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and safety policies and procedures
- The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 21 years of age minimum with valid Illinois Firearm Owner’s identification Card (F.O.I.D.) or appropriate state identification if non-Illinois resident.
- No criminal history that would prevent applicant from selling/owning firearms.
- Ability and understanding of electronic recordkeeping systems required by governing agencies.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds occasionally and 25 pounds regularly. Able to maneuver packages above 75 pounds with appropriate equipment and/or assistance from another person
- Dependable transportation and reliable childcare. (if applicable)
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can apply at the Rural King Supply website at http://www.ruralkingsupply.com, under the “employment” link or come in to get an application to fill out.