Employment Type: Full Time
Minimum Experience: Entry Level
Entry Level, starting pay $17.00 /hr., will train.
$500.00 New Hire Incentive after successful completion of a minimum three-month training period
Are you looking for a rewarding career? Consider joining our team. Rides Mass Transit District offers an outstanding benefit package including medical insurance, a pension opportunity along with paid vacations, holidays and sick time.
- have a customer service-centered and friendly attitude
- have good driving record
- obtain CDL license within 1 month of employment. Rides will train qualified candidates.
- be willing to work all shifts
- May drive out of the Grayville or Mt. Carmel Operations Centers
Successful driver applicants: *
- Will take a pre-employment drug test and must have a negative result
- Minimum 21 years of age to hold a CDL.
- Good driving history for the past 3 years. Not more than one moving violation or one at fault accident. MVR’s are requested upon hire and application information is verified. Termination of employment would occur for unreported items.
- No DUI convictions within the last 10 years.
- Will provide proof of personal auto insurance
- Rides provides transportation for Federal and State programs and therefore may not hire persons with felony convictions on their record.
- Verifiable, positive work history with no separations due to substance abuse violations.
- Drivers must meet DOT physical qualifications (49 CFR 391.41). Medical conditions such as insulin dependent diabetes or sleep apnea may qualify, with treatment and proper documentation, under DOT regulations.
- Driving positions have bona fide physical requirements due to the need to safely evacuate passengers in the event of an emergency, assist wheelchair passengers and other disabled passengers as required by ADA regulations. Drivers must have the ability to lift 50 pounds to assist clients and bend, stoop, and kneel to do wheelchair securement.
Classroom driver training will be a minimum of five (5) days. Drivers must have a Commercial Drivers License physical and successfully pass the CDL core of knowledge within 30 days of employment.
A training period of a minimum of three (3) months apply to all new employees.
Full time employment includes…
- Paid Benefits, including Vacation, Holiday, Sick and Personal Time, Insurance Benefits, IMRF Retirement Plan, and access to 457b Retirement Account.
We are a Drug Free workplace. Federal Regulations require all drivers have Pre-employment drug testing. Recreational and Medical Marijuana use are prohibited under DOT.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. RMTD does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 per hour
Apply in person at 149 Industrial Park Dr., Grayville, IL or on line at https://www.ridesmtd.com/about/careers/ for an application.