Position: We are looking to hire a personable Dental Receptionist to ensure that dental patients’ appointments are appropriately scheduled, rescheduled, or canceled, depending on the needs of the patients. The Dental Receptionist’s responsibilities include entering patient information onto our data system, answering patients’ questions, and arranging referrals to other dental specialists. You should also be able to prepare billing statements.
- Greeting and welcoming patients to the practice.
- Scheduling, rescheduling, or canceling appointments as needed.
- Assisting patients to fill out information forms.
- Preparing patients’ charts and daily schedules for the dental staff.
- Updating patient records and documenting recent treatments and procedures.
- Scheduling follow-up appointments and providing telephonic reminders.
- Communicating with medical insurance providers to determine if patients are required to make co-payments.
- Verifying methods of payment and collecting payments as needed.
- Performing general office duties, such as answering telephones, photocopying, filing, and faxing.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certification in office administration, medical administration, or related fields is advantageous.
- Previous work experience in a dental office would be a plus
- Working knowledge of general administrative practices.
- Good telephone etiquette.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
To Apply: Please send resumes to 325 East 13th Street Mt Carmel.